Adsense for search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

PORTRAITS OF IRISES AT POINT DEFIANCE PARK


Every year I look forward to seeing the irises at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, because there is something about these exquisite blooms that fascinates me. Did you know that "Iris" was the name of the Goddess of the Rainbow, a messenger of the Gods in Greek mythology? I learned this in an interesting article on the American Meadows website. They do come in a rainbow of colors, not all of which are represented in this photo tour of the Point Defiance garden. Nevertheless, I hope you will enjoy the beauties captured by my camera last week.*


















*All photos are the property of Candace J. Brown and may not be used without permission

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Betty

Anonymous said...

exquisite! Thank you so much! Gretchen

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous.
Lesa